Re: Linux dual boot?

Author: Stephen
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Linux dual boot?
So far all great suggestions. If you can afford it i would suggest a
new/extra HDD for your Linux install and setting it to be your first
drive (after you install windows with the "spare drive" unplugged

That way you have a drive you can torture and alter to your hearts
content, and you don't have to worry about breaking the boot sector on
your win7 install. It is not repairable, you can back it up with any
number of tools (i like clonezilla)

and for a bistro to learn with, Depending on your personal technical
masochism you can install Gentoo. It made me want to chuck my computer
out the window during install, but when i was done I knew a great deal
more about the underbelly of Linux, and Gentoo is pretty well
documented.

but the extra HDD i think is a very good suggestion. especially when learning.