Re: OT: facebook intrusiveness

+ (text/html)
Author: Bryan O'Neal
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OT: facebook intrusiveness
To expand thier mass apieral they have, for your convenyance, assocaited
everything in your profile (aka the music you like, places you worked,
schools you attended, etc) withthose orginizations "fan" pages. Accepting
(leveeing the link cheked) allowes you to see posts from those fan pages and
gives then permision to basicly spam you (though few do) - Uncheking them
means you would have to search for the fan page and "like" it inorder to be
spamed by them. Some pages put out a half dozen posts a day, other one a
week, or less. Personlay I went ahead and allowed the link and then "unlike"
the orginizations that feal it nesasery to tellme every dam thing the group
is doing in real time. For I may like listening to your music but it does
not mean I care what you had for lunch! But I do like getting the various
youtube posts from Louise Black in my feed so there you go.

The whole "You must pay attention to me" thing is because it is just a web
page that illusion of a window is just that an allusion - it is not like
they have a fully multithreaded aplication sitting on your desktop. In
addtion they really want you to "like" them all beacuse it increase overall
page subscriber ship which increase revenue for FB.