Re: Installfest University Style

+ (text/html)
Author: Lyle Tuttle
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Installfest University Style

At 10:38 AM 4/13/2010, you wrote:
It would probably take a
university to do things this way.

http://www.dailybruin.com/articles/2010/4/9/linux-users-group-hosts-free-quarterly-installfest/

But it makes me wonder if one of the schools might be willing to do
something like it and add "Open to the Public" days where we
could volunteer extra support.  Not that we could not help in other
ways, but daily would not work for most of us.  I know I would be
happy to help in a number of ways including donating some
hardware.
I wonder if it would be better to talk with administration or a student
organisation to consider it?
I have started a dialog with the new Comuniverisity here in Surprise
about this, and was met with resistance, however, I plan on forging
ahead.  (You don't need to see the rest of what I first
wrote...<G>)
Sometimes, an object a rest (Government) requires a strong push to get it
moving out of their 'circle of comfort'......
lyle