Ubuntu wireless device?

Author: mike Enriquez
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Ubuntu wireless device?
Ok, I give up. I am getting ready to build a PC around ubuntu linux. I
have been testing wireless nic cards on my existing ubuntu computer and
nothing works.
I go to the Internet and there are many many cards that indicate they
will work with ubuntu but not for me.

If you are running a wireless rig with ubuntu would you please share
the name and model of your wireless card.

This computer I am building has to work wirelessly or my alternative is
"something 7" which I do not want to spend good money on.

I really appreciate any information on what you are using.

Thanks

Mike Enriquez