Re: Google chrome title bar missing

+ (text/html)
Author: Kevin Fries
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Google chrome title bar missing
On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 6:06 PM, <> wrote:

> Kevin wrote:
> > As for the window rollup feature, go into configure~options~Personal
> > Stuff~Appearance~Use System title bar and border
>
> I've tried that, but there is still no title bar. Here are links to two
> screen captures, one with "Use System title bar and border" turned on and
> one with it turned off. In both cases, there is no title bar.
>
> http://www.upquick.com/linux/titlebar1.jpg
> http://www.upquick.com/linux/titlebar2.jpg

Just for S&G, did you try to maximize the window? That causes the title
bars to come up on my System76 Starling running Karmic Kola

> As for pdf files, its a google doc plugin... yea I know, not the most
> intuitive but it works great.

When I tried that, I got this response:
> "Extensions are not yet supported in this version of Google Chrome."

Oh yeah, I remember that now... but install the developer version, its been
fully stable for me

This file will turn the repository on, then you will need to find the key,
that's not too hard once you have the repo configured:

$ cat google-chrome.list
deb http://dl.google.com/linux/deb/ stable main

Have fun, its a nice browser.

Kevin Fries