Re: comments in /eetc/passwd and group

+ (text/html)
Author: Shawn Badger
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: comments in /eetc/passwd and group
This is a RHEL 4.8 and 5.3 environment and no they want to add actual
comments in the file and have blank lines to make it easier to read for
them.
I have not been able to find anything via Google about the effects of the
comments or blank lines other than older versions of NIS may have some
problems.