surge suppressor

Author: keith smith
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: surge suppressor

Hi,

I bought a Isobar 4 surge suppressor in 1992 and it died this morning. In looking I found that Trip Lite makes both a Isobar surge suppressor and a Isobar surge protector.

Then I see this one that is labled "Surge Protector/Suppressor".

Tripp Lite ISOBAR4ULTRA Isobar Ultra 4-Outlet Surge Protector/Suppressor (6-Foot Cord, 2200 Joules)

I only need 4 outlets but was thinking I might get the 6 outlet.

They seem to be rated around 2200 - 2700 Joules. What is good?

Thanks in advance!