Re: Do I need more RAM?

Author: Joseph Sinclair
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Do I need more RAM?
According to the free -t line, you have around 80M of "free" RAM on the machine. If money is tight then you're fine with the amount of RAM you have.
If the system starts to slow down in a few months you may want to re-investigate.

BTW, free reports numbers in "k", and the free column is the amount of memory actually unused after adjustments, so the "-/+ buffers/cache" line shows 81388 K free for program use.