OT: hardware

+ (text/html)
Author: Mark Jarvis
To: plug
Subject: OT: hardware

My wife's computer suddenly decided to quit displaying ANYTHING--POST
included, even after replacing the video card, video cable, and monitor
with known good ones from my box. I even disconnected ALL peripherals.
I ended up with the conclusion that the motherboard had gone to the
great bit bucket in the sky.

I suspect that it was the motherboard that went, not the processor, but
don't know for certain. FWIW, while I was checking things out I could
hear the initial "beep" and the HDs start up.

The CPU was a 2.x Ghz  AMD Athlon 64. If anyone wants the CPU--with or
without motherboard attached, they're welcome to it. Just come by &
get it. I live near Central & Glendale in Phoenix, email me off
list if interested.

Mark Jarvis