Re: command line image display options?

Author: Matt Graham
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: command line image display options?
After a long battle with technology, Josef Lowder wrote:
> What command line syntax could I use to display a jpg image
> to a specified screen size?

"To a specified screen size"? Most things have the equivalent of a --geometry
option somewhere if it doesn't handle that automatically.

> $ kuickshow image.jpg
> works better without any error or warning message, but still has a title
> bar that I would like to eliminate.

Title bar is provided by the window manager. I haven't found a way to get rid
of the title bar using DCOP calls to kwin yet, and there may not be one.
There doesn't seem to be a way to tell the app "don't use a title bar" from
the command line app options either. There's always the approach of pushing
Alt-F3 to get the window menu, navigating to the "advanced" option, and
choosing the "no border" option. wmctrl doesn't list anything about getting
rid of a window's title bar, but wmctrl does a lot of stuff and I may not be
reading the docs totally correctly.

--
"Cheer up, things could be worse." So I cheered up, and sure enough,
things got worse.