not *buntu for netbook.

Author: Trent Shipley
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: not *buntu for netbook.
I just got a netbook and it is running Windows 7 Starter. I intend to

promiscuously attach it to public networks. I figure I can avoid a lot
of heartache by changing the OS to Linux.

I already have Kubuntu on my favorite desktop. I like it, except that
after every major upgrade it gets flaky for a while.

1) I'd like to use anything except *ubuntu on the netbook. What are
some promising options?

2) I assume I use a bootable memory stick to start getting the distro, yes?