Re: Virtual Dedicated Hosting Recommendations

Author: Stephen
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Virtual Dedicated Hosting Recommendations
Its a virtual machine that is 100% their system, they have root to the
box and can run applications ect on it. so you can manage all aspects
of the box. and it seems they are running a process that is outside of
a normal web application, which would need to have deeper access to
the server than web hosting.

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 1:23 PM, Josef Lowder <> wrote:
> I sent this a while ago but it doesn't seem to have gone through,
> so trying again ...
>
> Subject: Re: Virtual Dedicated Hosting Recommendations
>  > AZ Pete <subs2 <at> cactusfamily.com> writes:
>  > > I'm getting increasingly fed up with my current hosting provider
>  > > (GoDaddy) for my virtual dedicated box. While their support is stellar
>  > > for my shared hosting box, they're virtual dedicated support is quite poor
>
>  I don't know the difference between "virtual dedicated" and regular
> web hosting,
>  but I recently switched my web hosting to BlueHost.com and it has been
>  excellent.
>  24/7 tech support by toll free 800#, live chat, and email with
>  unlimited *everything*
>  band-width, file space, etc. for $142 for 3 years. 100% up time. No worries.
>  100% US based servers (Utah) and 100% American English tech support.
>  (No off-shore, out-sourced, can't hear or understand them problems.)
>
>  What does "virtual dedicated" hosting give you that is better than that?

Stephen