Re: digital sticky notes for Linux?

Author: Matt Graham
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: digital sticky notes for Linux?
> name=`dcop knotes KNotesIface newNote "title" "new note contents"`
> dcop knotes KNotesIface resize $name WIDTH HEIGHT
> dcop knotes KNotesIface showNote $name
> (moving it to a specific virtual desktop probably requires using
> wmctrl, but that's pretty easy.)

Gah. What I think you want is more like this:

0: create a knote on the right virtual desktop of the right size.
Get that knote's note ID with "dcop knotes KNotesIface notes" and
parsing.

1: dcop knotes KNotesIface setText $NOTE_ID $text_to_set

...wrap a brief shell script around that and you should be good
to go, even though knotes has a title bar.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows
The Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress/