Re: correct way to set timezone & clock/date?

Author: Eric Shubert
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: correct way to set timezone & clock/date?
Steven A. DuChene wrote:
> OK, but why would I have the problem with ntpdate too? It does not use the
> ntp.conf file as far as I can tell.

I don't know.

> I think it is some sort of network problem
> but here is the ntp.conf file anyway.

The following 'restrict' lines in your configuration don't make sense to
me. Why would you have restrictions for external servers? I don't have
any in my ntp.conf file. I'd get rid of them and see if the problem
persists.

restrict ntp.cox.net mask 255.255.255.255 nomodify notrap noquery
restrict dewey.lib.ci.phoenix.az.us mask 255.255.255.255 nomodify
notrap noquery
restrict ntp.drydog.com mask 255.255.255.255 nomodify notrap noquery

--
-Eric 'shubes'