ucspi-tcp-toaster updated rpm

Author: Eric Shubert
To: plug-discuss
Subject: ucspi-tcp-toaster updated rpm
Jake,
I'll try to keep this fairly short.

I've tested the new fuse-unionfs successfully with FC10/11 and COS5.
This message with COS4 drove me a little nuts:

qtp-build-rpms - rpmbuild failed for ucspi-tcp-toaster-0.88-1.3.8
qtp-build-rpms - here are the last 10 messages from the log:
+ '[' -d /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/ucspi-tcp-0.88 ']'
+ rm -rf /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/ucspi-tcp-0.88
+ '[' -d /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/ucspi-tcp-0.88-man ']'
+ rm -rf /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/ucspi-tcp-0.88-man
rm: cannot get current directory: No such file or directory
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.791 (%clean)

RPM build errors:
     Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.791 (%clean)
<end of log messages>

</log>
(Notice this came straight from the terminal output).
Look carefully at what this is doing. It's removing the build directory,
followed by removing one of its subdirectories. This works ok with
synchronous i/o, but with async, the timing is problematic. The 2nd -d
test passes because the previous command hasn't completed yet, and then
the 2nd rm command fails because by that time the 1st remove has
completed, removing the 2nd directory along with the 1st one.

Rather than adding 'sync' to the mount option (which I'm guessing is the
default for the other distros), I've modified the spec file to simply
remove the 2nd pair of commands. They're totally useless anywise, and
having them there is a bit retarded (imho).

I've tested the change on all 4 distros, and it works fine. It's only
part of the %cleanup section, so it's no big deal. RPM is attached. Will
you include it with the other 2?

Thanks.

P.S. I've a full test to do yet on COS4 after I change the repo back to
what it was before I was trying to 'fix' this ucspi-tcp problem (I
backed off a version, which obviously didn't fix the problem!). I hope
to be ready to cut this puppy later today. Depends on how the day goes
though. Gotta get to church in a while, then who knows what. :)

--
-Eric 'shubes'