Re: OT - Web browsing issue

Author: Stephen
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OT - Web browsing issue
This is purely malware, and the hooks are deeply tied into the IE
browser at this point.

head over to the MS site and look for sysinternals and the process
explorer. it will find processes that are obfuscated from task manager
and give you something to look for and help purge from your system.

something to consider also at this point is a wipe and recover, and
then something like clonezilla to make a disk image for some level of
fast recovery.

i have been using windows for a long time and i consider most any
windows desktop as disposable and keep my real data on a server. (also
do mean things to my windows installs)

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 8:54 AM, Eric Cope<> wrote:
> she's pissy over using firefox, the world will implode if I switch it to
> Linux...
>
> Firefox and Noscript have stopped it...
> malwarebytes doesn't find anything.
> spybot is running right now.
> DNS records look ok (but I am far from an expert).
> Any other ideas? My wife told me her mom us suffering the same thing. Any
> ideas to scan my website?
>
> Thanks,
> Eric
>
> On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 10:03 PM, Michael Butash <> wrote:
>>
>> Haha, do like I did, force my wife to eat linux for her main
>> workstation.  Past a few weeks of trepidation and being pissy, she's now
>> quite thankful.
>>
>> Rehab for windoze users, it's for their own good to perform
>> intervention.  :)

Stephen