RE: Zii?

Author: Ryan Rix
To: plug-discuss
Subject: RE: Zii?
Bob Elzer wrote:

> Drool...
>         ..
>          ooo--__
>                 \..

It turns out that Zii is a subsidiary of Creative, the MP3 player company.
So, I guess that the Zii may not be so much Vapourware as Developerware...
Still an absolutely beautiful toy. I think I may get one, but 400$ for
device+their plazma sdk is kinda steep. I'd just put android or debian on
it, I think...

Is it worth it? That thing sounds like a dream come true, and if that
plaszma OS is FOSS (doesn't appear to be, 400$ sdk considered, and that it's
not advertised as GNU/Linux) it gets even better.

Part of me is doing the same thing as Bob and then the other half of me is
saying that I can get a better supported device that is just as 'cool' for
same or cheaper price.

The processor seems highly proprietary, even though it's running Android.
Anyone know -anything- about this device?

(btw, I'm sending this via GMane and nntp, so if the message is borked
please let me know)

Ryan

- --
- ---
Ryan Rix
(623)-826-0051

How should I know if it works?  That's what beta testers are for.  I
only coded it.
    -- Attributed to Linus Torvalds, somewhere in a posting

http://hackersramblings.wordpress.com | http://twitter.com/phrkonaleash
XMPP:           | MSN:
AIM:  phrkonaleash                    | Yahoo: phrkonaleash
IRC:  /#srcedit,#teensonlinux,#plugaz and
      countless other FOSS channels.