Re: Hard drive Crash?

Author: Technomage
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Hard drive Crash?
mike Enriquez wrote:
> Does anyone on the list have a software that they like to use to recover
> data from a Hard Drive Crash?
>
> I don't want to pay $2000.00 for it but I would like to know what is
> available out in the real world that Linux people like.
>
> Thanks for your input.
>
> Mike Enriquez

I too have a hard disk with a bad card on it. I cannot seem to find a
replacement card to get the data
off the drive, and the company that made the drive has explicitly told
me that I must submit it
to one of their authorized recovery partners in order to get the data
off ($2,192 and change before taxes).

I definitely don't have that kind of funds to waive around.

any viable solution (such as an identical unused HD with the same
electronics package) would
be more than helpful.