Re: ext? as fat or ntfs?

Author: Ryan Rix
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: ext? as fat or ntfs?
On Fri 17 July 2009 9:26:42 pm Bob Elzer wrote:
> I agree with Ryan, if you want to see an ext2 or ext3 partition on M$, then
> you could have a small fat or ntfs with the ext2IFS
> http://www.fs-driver.org/ on it.
>
> You would have to install the ext2IFS software on each machine you wanted
> to see the partition though.
>
> I do remember way back getting CD's that had M$ and Mac software on them,
> you would only see the stuff for the system you were using. But I'm not
> sure how they did that.
> I think it came with the Jaz or Orb Drives.

Best alternative:
Make it bootable with your favorite GNU/Linux distro on it!

:)

Ryan

---
Ryan Rix
(623)-826-0051

1648 files (84%) out of the files that I mirror disappeared.  Since
my delete threshold was set at 90%, all those files are now missing
from my hard drive.  It's going to take a loooong time to fetch those
again via 14.4kbps!
    -- Brian C. White

http://hackersramblings.wordpress.com | http://twitter.com/phrkonaleash
XMPP:           | MSN:
AIM:  phrkonaleash                    | Yahoo: phrkonaleash
IRC:  /#srcedit,#teensonlinux,#plugaz and
      countless other FOSS channels.