Re: Colleges that support Free Software?

+ (text/html)
Author: Mark Phillips
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Colleges that support Free Software?
Ryan,

A quick look at the course catalog for the schools that interest you should
answer this question. Or an email to the CS Department chairperson.

Having just gone through this process with my daughter (attending UW in the
fall), we never ran across any GNU/Windows differentiation in any of the
literature we looked at for a wide range of colleges/universities.

Even the UW has an active Linux users group and Linux is not discouraged by
the campus computer folks. IMO, if Linux is active in Microsoft's backyard,
you should be able to find it anywhere.

Mark

P.S. BTW, she bought a Mac......:-(