Laptop (cell phone) in my pocket?

Author: kitepilot@kitepilot.com
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Laptop (cell phone) in my pocket?
So my Treo 650 died.
Good.
I hated the $%#!@ thing and I will most likely not buy another Treo (unless
it runs Linux).
Treo I could, Ericsson NOT!

Anyway...
With all the new phone capabilities, I was waiting for my "dream phone" to
materialize (Neo FreeRunner from openmoko.com) to ditch the Treo, but it
seems that it won't happen... :(

So now I am on a crunch and I need help to find a phone...
My simple "specifications" are:
I want a phone that I can attach a real keyboard to and open up an SSH
session using either WiFi or the the cellular network.

In short, I want a "Laptop in my pocket"

AND!
(Important AND)
I will not buy a Micro$haft phone!
(In fact I will not buy ANYTHING Micro$haft unless it is a LEAST-AND-URGENT
resource)

Finally, I am stuck at the moment with AT&T, but I would like something that
I can plug anywhere.
Any ideas?

Considering the Iphone, at least it is Apple... :)
Thanks!
ET