wired/wireless security

Author: Robert Holtzman
To: plug-discuss
Subject: wired/wireless security
Recently got wireless working with a laptop on wireless and a hard wired
desktop hardwired to the router. Logically(?) it seems as though the
security with the router's wireless function disabled would be
equivalent to that of a computer hard wired directly to the modem, maybe
better as going thru the router use the router's firewall in addition to
the one internal to the computer. Not sure that isn't redundant.

Any opinions on my conclusion? The reason I post this is that 1)I'm
leery of transmitting my bank or brokerage password over wireless and
2)I've been wrong before (hard as that is to believe).

--
Bob Holtzman
AF9D 8760 0CFA F95A 6C77 E125 BF90 580F 8D54 9279