Re: Redirect 301 not working with dynamic URL

+ (text/html)
Author: Judd Pickell
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Redirect 301 not working with dynamic URL
Two thoughts, but don't quote me on it as it has been awhile since I have
played with the redirect rules for apache.

1) You aren't receiving an error because near as I can tell your syntax is
correct for your redirect line.
     Ex: Redirect <NUM> <STRING_EXPRESSION> <URL_LOCATION>

Short of you actually putting in an incorrect syntax on the line, you
shouldn't receive an error. It just will never match it.

2) Are you sure that the actual command sent to your server is formatted as
you are wanting to test? If you are using a CMS that is using mod_rewrite
rules the actual GET/POST string sent to the server may differ from what you
are attempting to catch. However they all point back to index.php so it
always catches that rule.

Sincerely,
Judd