Re: Automation: (Was: List of Command Line Tools) - Hijacked…

Author: Jerry Davis
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Automation: (Was: List of Command Line Tools) - Hijacked from PGP
On Sun, 17 May 2009 06:54:56 -0700
Matt Graham <> wrote:

> After a long battle with technology, Bryan O'Neal wrote:
> > While we are on the subject, excluding writing everything in bash, what is
> > the best way for various programs (pick your language) to access command
> > line tools and parse the output?

IMO, perl is the absolute best language for munging data, I have been a daily
user of perl for over 11 years now. And I have done some amazing things with
perl. Also CPAN has over 5000 perl modules to make things easier.

--
Hobbit Name: Pimpernel Loamsdown
Registered Linux User: 275424

This email's Fortune:
Q:    Why did the germ cross the microscope?
A:    To get to the other slide.