Re: System 76, anyone hear of them?

Author: Andrew \"Tuna\" Harris
To: \"plu>\"@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: System 76, anyone hear of them?
Oh, yes. I just love them. They do everything they can to get stuff to
just work, even write their own drivers, I hear.

I ordered the Meerkat NetTop from them for my mom's biz (receptionist's
computer), and their website is just... nice! When I use it, I feel like
I'm in a classy hall with marble floors, walls, and columns, but no
ceiling because the sky is just that beautiful today. Rob Halford is
singing classical opera nearby, and I smell blueberry pancakes. It's
THAT good.

I've had a hell of a time trying to reach their sales staff. They seem
to be in a constant mode of unavailability. I've left a message on their
machine but haven't gotten anything back. Their support subforum on the
Ubuntu message boards has been helpful though.

Maybe they respond to email better.

I have heard that they are quite punctual when it comes to shipping. I
can't confirm or deny these claims, but I do know that the computer
we're getting is a good deal for the price. Linux Action Show did a
review of one of their laptops here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWBqgtJBOAA

So I think I'll be getting my next laptop there, when I have money that
is.

Excerpts from cryptworks's message of Tue May 05 14:35:58 -0700 2009: