Re: Free Webhost

+ (text/html)
Author: Lisa Kachold
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Free Webhost
I believe we all have our interpretation of laws and rules in America;
unless there are consequences?

Actually, you agree with the Acceptable Use Policy that you will not run a
"server". It also addresses business use in a vague way (doesn't everyone
use their home office for "business")?

*Commercial Use.* The Service is designed for personal, non-business related
use of the Internet and may not be used for commercial purposes. You may not
resell or otherwise charge others to use the residential Service. You agree
not to use the Service for operation as an Internet service provider, or for
any other business enterprise, including, without limitation, IP address
translation or similar facilities intended to provide additional access. Cox
Business Services <http://www.coxbusiness.com/> offers commercial Internet
services.

*Servers.* You may not operate, or allow others to operate, servers of any
type or any other device, equipment, and/or software providing server-like
functionality in connection with the Service, unless expressly authorized by
Cox.

http://www.*cox*.com/policy/

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 2:47 PM, Bob Elzer <> wrote:

> My interpretation of the AUP, is that they don't want you running then
> "Next Slashdot" or "Face Book", with lots of traffic.
>
> If you are only going to use it for personal access, and maybe to show
> family photos to friends, then I don't think it would be a problem.
>
> Are we talking Hundreds, Thousands, or 20 visitors ?

www.obnosis.com (503)754-4452
"Contradictions do not exist." A. Rand