Re: How to remove a bond interface via command line

+ (text/html)
Author: Lisa Kachold
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: How to remove a bond interface via command line
WARNING!
*
I would be in the NOC, standing in front of the machine when you do this!*
[Or at least have another interface with ssh available...]

The best way to do this is to copy the bonded interface ifcfg files to
backup and edit:

/etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg.template

Once you are satisfied that these are what you want, reissue the network
start command:

# service network restart
or
# /etc/init.d/network restart

Of course if you don't have support for ifcfg init scripts, check for edits
to:

(/etc/init.d/boot.local or /etc/rc.d/rc.local):

modprobe bonding mode=balance-alb miimon=100 modprobe e100
ifconfig bond0 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 up ifenslave bond0 eth0
ifenslave bond0 eth1
and use ifconfig and route add

# ifconfig eth0 192.168.9.99 netmask 255.255.0.0 up
# route add default gw 192.168.9.1

Verify your networking using:

#netstat -rn
#netstat -anp
# ping 192.168.9.1 [ping the gateway]
# ping apple.com

http://www.cyberciti.biz/howto/question/static/linux-ethernet-bonding-driver-howto.php

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 10:49 PM, Stephen <> wrote:

> I'm here late with no real network connection
>
> If anyone is up late and able to get me a command to break a bonded
> interface if be grateful
>
> --
> Sent from my mobile device

> Stephen