Re: CentOS 5.3

Author: Eric Shubert
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: CentOS 5.3
Charles Jones wrote:
> In case anyone didn't know, and cares, CentOS 5.3 came out today *looks
> at clock* I mean yesterday. If you are running 5.2 the upgrade is as
> simple as "yum update".
>
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2009-April/015711.html

I don't know the details, but read that there are a few potential
glitches. I picked this up from another list:

yum clean all            # (optional)
yum list | grep openmpi     # (checking to see if it is installed)
yum list | grep lam         # (checking to see if it is installed)
yum update glibc\*         # (install glibc and accessory libraries)
yum update                 # (do the deed)
rpm -q centos-release     #(check if it is showing up proper)

That should return: 'centos-release-5-3.el5.centos.1'

--
-Eric 'shubes'