Re: How to recover X display? v.1.1

Author: Matt Graham
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: How to recover X display? v.1.1
From: Josef Lowder <>
> PCL 2009 doesn't work (live locks up on 3 different computers).
> So, I'll just have to reinstall 2007.

You know what all this is saying to me? "PCLinuxOS is buggy. Don't
use it." Having a virtualbox install hose X, having LiveCDs lock
up on multiple machines, and so forth are things that I just would
not put up with. Life's too short, you know?

If you are worried about your /home , the thing to do is to take
that USB drive, plug it in, mount it, then "tar czf /mnt/usb/
backup.tar.gz /home" , so even if your reinstall eats your /home,
you have a backup of everything on that USB drive and can get it
retrieved with minimal fuss. Just make sure there's enough space
on the USB drive and it should work fine.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows
The Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress/