East & West side topics

Author: Matthew A Coulliette
To: plug-discuss
Subject: East & West side topics
I have been using linux on and off for 7 years now, and have
occasionally attended an East side meeting. But, it only occurred to me
yesterday when I was browsing the Internet of how many chat rooms,
mailing lists, and online events there are. I was thinking that this
would be a great subject for the next available meeting.

    "How to  become a part of the linux online community."

       A tour of the PLUG website.
          The Calendar
          The Chat Room
             Discussions
             Etiquette
          The Mailing Lists
                What is a signature?
                How to sign a signature.
                How to have your signature verified by others.
                What is PGP?
                Email Etiquette
                How to encrypt emails.
                When to encrypt emails.
                How to send the decryption key.

       A tour of different distribution websites of interest.
          Ubuntu
          Debian
          Red Hat
          Suse