Author: Bryan O'Neal
To: 'Main PLUG discussion list'
Subject: RE: OT- Need Windows XP Login Help
Normally it takes about 30 seconds. Personally, I would reinstall. But
since backups and reinstalls take about a day to do on windows I understand
the desire to pursue other avenues. Try installing a good AV set, clamav
will do just fine but Avast and F-Stop are also pretty good for cleaning up
a mess like this. You can also try rolling back the system with system
restore and see what that does for you. But their are a few dozen really,
really good viruses out their that are very difficult to remove. Your
definitely having interesting problems with creating a user, which causes me
to believe your system may have been severally damaged by what ever event
started you down this path. Or your doing something incorrectly, which I
may be less likely to believe. What kind of errors show up in the logs
after you attempt to login?

Also, I did not get win_1.jpg

Their are a few of use who have to live in the windows world on the list, my
self included, contact us off list and we will see what we can do to help
you further.

Bryan O'Neal
O'Neal & Associates
Phone: (602) 295-4356