Re: list fo what exchange does and what we can do to replica…

Author: Craig White
To: Main PLUG discussion list
New-Topics: RE: list fo what exchange does and what we can do toreplicate/replace those features
Subject: Re: list fo what exchange does and what we can do to replicate/replace those features
On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 11:49 -0700, Stephen wrote:
> From reading the MS docs and features list and personal experience
> this is what Windows SBS does
>
> Sharepoint -> Drupal?
>     CRM!
>     Web/FTP services
>     Forums/Wiki

> Email (with encryption?)
>     Out of office
>     server side email rules
>     Global Address list
>     Contact/Calendaring
>     PIM?
>     Email AV/Junk Scanning?

> AD/Kerberos/LDAP - Fedora Directory/Free IPA
> Firewall/VPN - Built in, management?/VPN
> SQL/MySQL/Postgres
> Project Server? - not include but common add on
> Server AV? - For fileserver data/Email scanning
> Resource Booking - From exchange 2k7, but can be set up anywhere?
> Instant MEssageing and Mobile Messageing - linked to the global
> address list/Ldap?
>
> sync options?
> phone?
> Serverside docs/calendar?

----
Sharepoint => Alfresco
E-mail => postfix/cyrus-imapd (includes server side rules)
Contacts (global & personal) => LDAP (pretty much any)
Kerberos => MIT
Sync options => funambol
Messaging => jabber (Wildfire)
Calendar => CalDAV (many projects can support this)
VPN => PPTP, OpenVPN

Craig