OT: Windows troubleshooting question

Author: Paul Mooring
Subject: OT: Windows troubleshooting question
I know this is a linux mailing list but because I don't know of any good
windows lists or forums I thought I'd ask my question here. I've got an
application that keeps hanging on Windows XP and writes no useful info
to the logs. I'd like to get some concrete info about what's going
wrong, on linux normally I'd run it from a shell like this 'program >>
logfile 2>&1' but that doesn't appear to work in windows. I know very
little about Windows/DOS prompts and was wondering if there's a way to
accomplish something similar in XP.