RE: OT:Exchange good? - And the flame wars begin (Was:Re:new…

Author: Bryan O'Neal
To: 'Main PLUG discussion list'
Subject: RE: OT:Exchange good? - And the flame wars begin (Was:Re:newhotness?)
I am some what sorry to say this but if you think TCO and ROI are beside the
point you will never make it into the upper echelon of IT management. Or
once their you will be driven slowly insane (Though I would applaud the
fight you would put up) Typically the people on the board don't care about
anything other then the bottom line. For most of them morality is and
legality only enter the picture when it is presented as cost/time function.
That said, I too have a strong a preference to open product, but only when
ever they are economically feasible, which they often are.