Re: Open source project management

+ PGP.sig (application/pgp-signature)
Author: Alex Dean
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Open source project management

On Feb 15, 2009, at 1:57 AM, Bryan O'Neal wrote:

> I am looking for some good open source project management software.
> My only requirements is that it be client server based and have the
> ability to summarize action items across multiple projects. The
> question I have for all of you is what do you like and why?

We use Trac, with the Timing & Estimation and Scrum Burndown plugins.

http://trac.edgewall.org/
http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/TimingAndEstimationPlugin
http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/ScrumBurndownPlugin

Trac is, I think, friendlier to developers than to project managers,
but our PMs do pretty well with it. The integration of source
control, tickets, and a wiki is incredibly valuable. I generally do
most ticket updates directly from my svn commit messages, which saves
a lot of time and keeps the ticket statuses up to date.

alex