Re: I'm so excited!

Author: Stephen
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: I'm so excited!
We are a list of geeks and you need to ask why?

sometimes just being able to do something is the reason for doing it :-)

*also poking fun*

on a more serious note some people have web access restricted but not
the email ports lost of reasons why...

not all of use like some of the features of gmail. but yet they like
something about it.

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 9:38 AM, Sharkscott <> wrote:
> I commend your efforts but I guess I have to ask..why? LOL!
>
> I am online, writing to you from g-mail, and it works all by itself my man.
>
> Please understand, I am not making fun of you, I am just having some fun, I
> got g-mail to work with Thunderbird a while back and it spent two weeks
> downloading all 2+ gigs of my mail offline too. Would alomost freeze my
> computer when I started it up.
>
> ;-)
>
> Scott
>
> On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 9:00 AM, bmike1 <> wrote:
>>
>> I know I got it to work right because the mail I send from outlook is
>> going to the gmail sent box. Now I don't have to finagle things when I click
>> on an email link and the web page opens an Outlook mail.
>>
>> On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 10:55 AM, bmike1 <> wrote:
>>>
>>> And I just can't hide it. :)
>>>
>>> Well, I knew there was a way to make it so that Outlook would send mail
>>> using gmail but I was to lazy to figure out how to do it. Without asking
>>> anyone (except google) I got it to work!
>>>
>>> --
>>

>> --

> --
> Scott Ruecker,
> Editor-in-Chief
> LXer Linux News
>
> "The world doesn't need saving. But the word does, and copy editing is what
> fights the good fight."

Stephen