Re: [Article] Cox ready to throttle P2P, non "time sensitive…

Author: Jason
To: stephen.p.rufle, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: [Article] Cox ready to throttle P2P, non "time sensitive" traffic
If I'm reading this correctly, youtube videos get priority over
Operating System software updates and Linux torrent distribution?

That's kinda interesting...I don't see "viral traffic" on the list of
"low priority".

Of course, this is the corporate ideas. I can tell you that I will sell
you a 2MB connection to the Internet, but now I get to tell you what you
can use it for, PLUS, I don't have to stick to my original agreement
that I advertise you will have a 2MB connection to the Internet.

1. False Advertising (Covered in the fine print now.)
2. False Monitoring

Oh, just so you all know, Cox is raising their rates another $3.00/month
as well. I received the letter 2 days ago.