Other than frys where would you get server hardware

+ (text/html)
Author: JD Austin
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Other than frys where would you get server hardware
10 years ago I used to recompile kernels almost every day to get it to
support the hardware I had, now days it is a rarety. I'm scheduled to
install the firewall on Friday but I've sent the better part of 3 days
building and rebuilding smoothwall to try to get it to support the network
cards in a Dell T105 server. In their infinite wisdom they won't let you
proceed with the install until you've configured at least one network card.
Mandriva 2009 shows them as NetXtreme BCM5722 gigabit PCI Express (card on
MB) and DGE-560T Ethernet Adapter (PCIe X1).

I have the source for both drivers (sk98lin for both). I'm about to give up
and try to find a dual nic intel card that will fit in this machine
(supposedly supported).
This machine only has 1 3.3v pci slot, 1 PCIeX1, and 2 PCIeX8 slots.
Who might carry such a network card in town (Fry's only has a Dlink card
DGE-560T above)?
--
JD Austin
Twin Geckos Technology Services LLC

480.288.8195x201
http://www.twingeckos.com

Laurence J. Peter - "It's better to have loved and lost than to have to do
forty pounds of laundry a week."