Re: Red Hat vs. Fedora

Author: thomas@redhat.com
To: der.hans
CC: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Red Hat vs. Fedora
der.hans wrote:
> Am 22. Jan, 2009 schwätzte Thomas Cameron so:
>
> moin moin Thomas,
>
>> So if you wanted to get an idea of how Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 runs,
>> Fedora 6 might be a fair example, but it's been EOL for ages. The
>> latest version of Fedora, Fedora 10, is not going to be very
>> representative of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, as it is actually built
>> from much newer code. There are significant changes in Fedora 10,
>> including a new virtualization engine (KVM), newer window managers,
>> newer sysadmin tools, and so on.
>>
>> Please let me know if I can be of service to you or PLUG.
>
> You can get us presentations :).
>
> For instance, I recently did a presentation on the most recent Ubuntu
> release. After the most recent Fedora release I asked on the list for
> something similar but got no offers :(.
>
> I'd love to have someone come in to talk about RHEL and/or Fedora. Heck,
> I'd love a Red Hat and Free Software history presentation outlining many
> of the projects that Red Hat has lead over the years.
>
> Presentations on specific stuff like KVM, PulseAudio and JBoss would also
> be great.
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans

Let me see who I can get to come out and present (I'm in Austin so it
would take a fair amount of scheduling for me to come to Phoenix). My
boss is actually in Phoenix, so I'll ask him if he's free to present.
If he can't do it I'll figure out a way to travel out there.
- --
Thomas Cameron, RHCE, RHCX, CNE, MCSE, MCT
Solutions Architect Team Lead, Central Region
512-241-0774 office / 512-585-5631 cell / 512-857-1345 fax