Re: Special Installfest for APCUG

Author: Dazed_75
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Special Installfest for APCUG
On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 1:32 PM, Dazed_75 <> wrote:
> At this time, I have the following volunteers and, I think, for these
> days. We can work out hours of coverage.
> Saturday 2/7
> Lester Stein and Dennis McCormick (from Tucson)
> Lisa Kachold
> Larry Thiel (me)
>
> Sunday 2/8
> Lester Stein and Dennis McCormick (from Tucson)
> Eric Shubert
> Larry Thiel

<snip>
Unfortunately the APCUG conference has been postponed until 2010. I
would appreciate it if each volunteer would reply on or off list that
they have received this notice.

To: Phoenix Regional Conference Speakers

The APCUG Conference Committee met Saturday morning and reviewed the
progress toward a successful conference on February 7 & 8, 2009. We
reviewed the following items: Preparation time, national vendor
support, registration and door prizes. It was determined by the
committee that a successful conference could not be conducted within
the time frame left to prepare.

It is the committee's decision that the conference be postponed until
February 20 & 21, 2010. That will give the committee, and APCUG,
ample time to plan, prepare and conduct a successful conference.

You will be notified when we have confirmed the 2010 date with UAT.
We hope that you will still be able to participate at that time.

We had lots of local speakers and the Linux install fest and we thank
you for your generous support. We were sadly lacking in other areas,
especially the areas that generate funds to cover expenses and I guess
it's part of the economic conditions right now.

Thanks so much for all your time and effort, we look forward to a
successful Feb 2010!

Sandy

Conference Co-chair, Speakers Bureau

Sandra M Hart (Sandy)