Re: Looking For RAID Hardware/Software Advice

+ PGP.sig (application/pgp-signature)
Author: Alex Dean
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Looking For RAID Hardware/Software Advice

On Jan 19, 2009, at 7:30 AM, Mark Phillips wrote:

> Eric
>
> Thanks for the summary, and thank-you to everyone for their ideas.
>
> Based on NewEgg prices, here is some more information:

What controllers have you been pricing? I'm planning a similar backup
server for my home, and I'm not sure which to go with.

In general, what resources do you guys know about for checking Linux
compatibility for PCI SATA controllers and other hardware? I haven't
had much success finding a site to check this out.

I'm planning a RAID1 setup. Is it true that I'll get better
performance from 2 controllers, vs. a single controller for both
disks? Does using multiple controllers add any complexity in the md
raid setup?

alex