Re: {Disarmed} FW: Kristy Westphal's Forensic Presentation f…

Author: Craig White
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: {Disarmed} FW: Kristy Westphal's Forensic Presentation from January Hackfest
On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 17:13 +0000, Lisa Kachold wrote:
> I am attempting to compress a raw dvd format mpg2 using ffmpeg. I
> built the source myself. My ffmpeg appears to strip the audio?
>
> Did I fail to compile the options correctly? Outside of Mac, what is
> the best tool for manipulating and exporting DVD's to small formats?

----
don't know what you included/didn't include in compiling but here's a
script that I have used for converting DVD's into files to put on my
iPod...

#!/bin/sh
#
BASE="/home/craig/dw"
IN="in-mp4"
OUT="out-mp4"
TITLE="1"
NAME="HARD_DAYS_NIGHT-"
CHAPTERS="15"
X="1"
#
# First, let's rip the DVD into individual files
#
while [ $X -ne $(( $CHAPTERS + 1)) ]
  do
  if [ $X -lt 10 ]; then
    TRNO="0$X"
  else
    TRNO=$X
  fi
  START=$X
  STOP=$(( $X + 1 ))
#  mplayer dvd://$TITLE -chapter "$X-$X" -dumpstream -dumpfile
"$TRNO-$NAME.vob"
  mplayer dvd:// -chapter "$X-$CHAPTERS" -dumpstream -dumpfile
"$TRNO-$NAME.vob"
  X=$(( $X + 1 ))
done
#
# Now, let's convert them into iPod MP4 format
#
X="1"
#
while [ $X -ne $(( $CHAPTERS + 1 )) ]