RE: Softraid Multi-dirve Failure

+ (text/html)
Author: Lisa Kachold
To: plug-discuss
Subject: RE: Softraid Multi-dirve Failure

Except with CentOs:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1B2GGFB_enUS278US279&q=smartctl+centos&btnG=Search

Which has various driver issues, depending on hardware (SATA, 3ware cards....after update to 5.1)

www.Obnosis.com | http://wiki.obnosis.com | http://hackfest.obnosis.com (503)754-4452
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 13:35:07 -0700

Cool command. I couldn't remember how to check the
serial numbers on drives and hdparm wasn't helping. It turns out, this
command does that as well. Excellent, made it easy to replace my failed
drive and the array is rebuilding.

Any advice for running SMART tests or do you simply use it to check the
status on your drives?

-Joe

Joe wrote:

I don't know if it was mentioned, but I like the following command as it
shows some info about the drive and potential failure status.

smartctl -a /dev/sdX