Re: How can I locate the file consumption "creep" - partiall…

Author: Josef Lowder
To: Plug
Subject: Re: How can I locate the file consumption "creep" - partially solved, I think.
Thanks to all who responded to provide suggestions on how to resolve
the subject problem.

I think I have narrowed down the problem to apparently being something
that the free google program 'picasa' is most likely causing by
creating lots of files and file lists buried deeply in a
sub-sub-sub-sub-directory many layers down.

Anyone familiar with this? Any recommendations how to eliminate this
file-space erosion?

While I am running a Linux system, it seems that Google installed
picasa as a dos/windows-like program running under wine.

So, is the only remedy to delete 'picasa' and if so, how best to do that?

Or, is there some way of modifying 'picasa' so that it won't eat
file-space, even when it is not being used?