RE: How to get a usb camera to work?

+ (text/html)
Author: Bob Elzer
To: 'Main PLUG discussion list'
Subject: RE: How to get a usb camera to work?
Actually getting your camera to work has nothing to do with seeing you
granddaughter.

How is your son transmitting those live pictures ?

Depending on what he is using you may not be able to.

IF he has some kind of software that lets you look at a web page then you
should just be able to point your browser at his ip address.

The only reason to get your camera to work is so they can see you.

And once you get the cam to work, then to choose a program to transmit the
pictures.

Two programs I use on linux are Zoneminder, and motion

http://www.zoneminder.com/

http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/Motion/WebHome

Depends on what version of linux you are running, on how easy they will be
to install.

_____