Re: Quad Monitor in Linux

Author: Charles Jones
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Quad Monitor in Linux
Kurt Granroth wrote:
> Joshua Zeidner wrote:
>
>> Has anyone successfully done a Quad Monitor setup in Linux? Ubunutu?
>> Gnome/KDE?
>>

> Not quad, but I was successful with a tri-monitor setup. I see no
> reason why four wouldn't work.

One of my co-workers had a quad setup for awhile, and finally settled on
a tri-way vertical setup (
http://www.the-ownage.com/gallery/albums/cellpics/DSC01728.jpg ) and
moved the larger monitor to a display for his macbook Pro.

I am currently running 2 22" in a similar vertical setup, but since I
have 2 video cards with dual output I dont see any reason I couldn't go
quad if I wanted to. I think 3 would be plenty for me. The vertical
setup is really nice especially when you want a really long terminal or
browser window. Uses less (physical) desktop space too.

-Charles