Re: Das Keyboard

+ (text/html)
Author: Joe Fleming
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Das Keyboard

If the keyboard is anything like the original DiNovo
(http://www.mrgadget.com.au/catalog/images/logitech_dinovo_media_desktop.gif)
then I can recommend it highly. I own 2 of the original ones and
absolutely love them though the spacebar on the one is kind of flaking
out (after 2 years of daily development work). I like that it's so much
like a laptop keyboard and takes so little effort to type on. It's like
my fingers just glide over the keys and the words or code I'm looking
to produce magically appears on the screen.

Lifehacker just had a poll on the 10 best keyboards a couple months
back:
http://lifehacker.com/5058929/the-best-keyboard-youve-ever-typed-on

Anyway, I'd say hit up a local Fry's or CC or something, try some out
and see what you think. If you like it, buy it, and if you hate it (or
want to buy it cheaper online.....), return it.

FYI, if you're looking for a good keyboard for your HTPC, I highly
recommend the original Logitech cordless PS3 one:
http://reviews.cnet.com/keyboards/logitech-cordless-mediaboard-for/4505-3134_7-32319140.html.
The touchpad will work just as far as the keyboard does (unlike a
normal cordless mouse), which is pretty far (30 feet or more), it uses
a simple USB connector, requires no drivers, and best of all, lacks a
windoze key ;)

-Joe

Joshua Zeidner wrote:

  Thanks Joe!

  any other keyboard connaisseurs here?  I know you're out there.

  also looking at the DiNovo Edge: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-967685-0403-diNovo-Edge/dp/B000J43HJ8

 -jmz

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 7:47 AM, Joe Fleming
<>
wrote:

They've
gotten some pretty great reviews, but
they're still basically just an IBM Model M clone. With a little effort
on your part and a little searching for a used Model M, you could build
your own on the cheap.

http://lifehacker.com/5060618/diy-das-keyboard-swanky-stealth-on-the-cheap

I've never personally used one, but I have yet to see a bad review.

-Joe

Joshua Zeidner wrote:

 does anyone here have/use a Das Keyboard?  are they worth the price?

-jmz