Re: ssh problems

Author: Ryan Rix
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: ssh problems
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 8:29 PM, John <> wrote:
> > Are you trying to connect using the WAN IP from the LAN? I don't think
> > it'll work as I can't connect from one computer to another based on my IP
> > when I'm on the LAN but when I'm away it works.

As stated, this can be alleviated by using bind9 on the box you are connecting
from as your nameserver... Literall just fixed this saturday night. Not sure
why it works, but is a fix for my post on November 3rd (DNS lookup fails
connecting to server on same network) but not to get off topic:
#aptitude install bind9
#echo nameserver 127.0.0.1 > /etc/resolv.conf
#vim /etc/dhcp3/dhclient-enter-hooks/resolvconf
change:
make_resolve_conf() {
    true
}
to:
 make_resolve_conf() {
    false
}

...and renew your dhcp
#dhclient

This gets stuff working within your lan, and lets it work outside as well
(perfect for laptops, etc)...

Ryan

Thanks and best regards,
Ryan Rix
TamsPalm - The PalmOS Blog

I want a girl with a short skirt and a loooooooong jacket