Re: Off topic kills value of the list and group

Author: Alan Dayley
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Off topic kills value of the list and group
On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 9:48 PM, jdawg wrote:
> well Alan, there are at least 3 things you can do at this point:
> 1) become an ostrich, and assume everyone will not henceforth post
> anything OT
> 2) moderate this list, that way you and your fellow mods will determine
> what is appropriate posting
> 3) do nothing, accept that &*$# happens, and just let your delete key do
> the talking for you
> 4) remove the list
> 5) ?

You make a good points.

I don't want to be an ostrich, nor would I vote for a moderator, nor
doing nothing, nor for removing the list.

I will fill in #5: Speak out. Express my objection to the extreme
off-topic posts or ones that go off-topic for too long. Express my
welcoming sentiments to everyone on the list, hoping the occasional
bad stuff does not drive them away.

Since I have done that, I will fall silent on this discussion. I
think the fire has faded and hope for another long run of no flames
and rudeness.

Alan