RE: wikihow.com/Category:Linux

+ (text/html)
Author: Lisa Kachold
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: RE: wikihow.com/Category:Linux

Their bots will find it and your ip will be flagged if you continue.

It's fairly self repairing.

See "obnosis" on Google and Wiktionary

http://wapedia.mobi/en/Obnosis | http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Citations:obnosis | Obnosis.com (503)754-4452
Laugh at this MSN Footer

Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 00:10:53 -0400

look up 'brandy' on wikipedia.... see if you can find my edit:!)

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 9:21 PM, Rob Goelz <> wrote:

Mike,

Thanks for posting this -- it seems to have a lot of excellent information (especially for a relative Linux n00b like me).

Wiki sites are great for information sharing but I inherently distrust them due to the ability of anyone to edit the page. From the main page: "written, edited, and maintained primarily by volunteers."

I suppose that the same is true of most forums in that someone could take bad advice and damage their system, but at least on most forums, people have to register and can be held accountable. On wikis, unless you choose to register, the only thing tracked is your IP address. So far the stuff that I've read seems to check out though. :)

What does everyone else think?

-rob